Pharmacological properties of the herbs:
- Menthol (Phudina satva): It is a powerful, expectorant and demulcent and an excellent mouth fresher.
- Adulsa (Adhatoda vasica): It is a potent bronchodilator antiallergic (antihistamine) and expectorant agent used successfully in the treatment of common cold, whooping cough, chronic bronchitis and asthma.
- Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum): It is used to treat sore throat and tonsillits.
- Miri ( Piper nigrum): It has powerful anti-tussive and expectorant properties and also acts as anti-inflammatory angent.
- Sunth (Zingiber offcinate): It is very useful in controlling and curing chronic and repetitive cough/cold bouts.
- Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra): It is used as an expectorant, for the treatment of asthma, acute and chronic bronchitis, due to its anti-inflammatory and mild mineralocorticoid like action.
- Amla (Embelica offcinalis): It is a powerful medicine used in cough, bronchitis, hemoptysis, tuberculosis and as rejenuvating agent. It also acts as an Immunostimulant anti-inflammatory and prevents recurrence of disease.
- Haldi (Curcuma longa): It is very strong immunomodulator, antiallergic and anti-inflammatory agent. It also acts as a mucolytic and helps to remove excess cough.
- Kattha (Acacia catechu): It is herbal mouth fresher and good astringent. It has a proven antihistamine action, xby which it helps reduce symptoms of allergic rhinitis.
- Tulsi (Ocimum santum): It is regarded as the most important remedy for respiratory diseases and has strong antitussive and antibacterial activity. It acts as an expectoran.
- Saunf (Foeniculum vulgare): It is a respiratory stimulant, expectorant and also acts as an anti-tussive agent.
- Baheda (Terminalia Belerica): It has a powerful action in acute/chronic cough, bronchitis, sore throat and common
- Pipali (Piper longum): It is a time-tested medicine for cough and common cold and other respiratory tract infections due to its excellent expectorant properties.
- Kakadshing (Pistacia integrrima): It helps in clearance of mucus from airways, bronchi and trachea. Acts as
expectorant and manages the hiccoughs.
- Harad (Terminalia chebula): It is very effective in chronic cough. It is a proven antihistaminic agent, which relieves
allergic disorders of respiratory tract.