Each 5-ml contains
|Menthol (Pudina Satva)||1mg|
Extract derived from
|Adulsa (Adhatoda vasica)||10mg|
|Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum)||25mg|
|Miri (Piper nigrum)||10mg|
|Sunth (Zingiber officinale)||20mg|
|Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra)||20mg|
|Amla (Emblica officinalis)||10mg|
|Haldi (Curcuma longa)||25mg|
|Kattha (Acacia catechu)||20mg|
|Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum)||10mg|
|Saunf (Foeniculum vulgare)||20mg|
|Baheda (Terminalia belerica)||10mg|
|Pipali (Piper Longum)||20mg|
|Kakadashing (Pistacia integerrima)||10mg|
Flavoured Syrup Base
Sodium Methyl Paraben
Sodium Propyl Paraben
Colour : Quinoline yellow supra & Brilliant Blue FCF QS
Pharmacological properties of the herbs:
The rationale that goes into choosing each ingredient is as follows:
- Menthol (Pudina Satva) : It is a powerful, expectorant and demulcent and an excellent mouth freshener.
- Adulsa (Adhatoda vasika) : It is a potent bronchodilator, antiallergic (antihistamine) and expectorant agent, used successfully in the treatment of common cold, cough, whooping cough, chronic bronchitis and asthma.
- Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum) : It is used to treat sore throat and tonsillits.
- Miri (Piper nigrum) : It has powerful anti-tussive and expectorant properties.
- Sunth (Zingiber officinale) : It is very useful in controlling and curing chronic and repetitive cough/ cold bouts.
- Mulethi (Glycerrhiza glabra) : It is used as an expectorant, for the treatment of asthma, acute and chronic bronchitis, due to its anti inflammatory and mild mineral corticoid like action.
- Amla (Emblica officinalis) : It is a powerful medicine used in cough, bronchitis, hemoptysis, tuberculosis and as rejuvenating agent It also acts as an immune stimulant anti-inflammatory and
prevents recurrence of disease.
- Haldi (Curcuma Longa) : It is a very strong immunomodulator, antiallergic and anti-inflammatory agent. It also acts as a mucolytic and helps to remove excess cough.
- Kattha (Acacia catechu) : It is an herbal mouth freshener and good astringent. It has a proven antihistamine action, by which it helps reduce symptoms of allergic rhinitis.
- Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) : It is regarded as the most important remedy for respiratory diseases and has strong anti-tussive and antibacterial activity. It acts as an expectorant and used in cough, bronchitis, fever and other respiratory disorders.
- Saunf (Foeniculun vulgare) : It is a respiratory stimulant, expectorant and also acts as an antitussive agent.
- Baheda (Terminalia belerica) : It has a powerful action in acute/chronic cough, bronchitis, sore throat and common cold
- Pipali (Piper Longum) : It is a time-tested medicine for cough and common cold and other respiratory tract infections due to its excellent expectorant properties.
- Kakadashing (Pistacia integerrima) : It helps in clearance of mucus from airways, bronchi and trachea. Acts as expectorant and manages the hiccoughs.
Kofrut Syrup being an herbal formula, no serious drug interactions are reported.
Kofrut syrup is indicated for the relief of cough and sore throat. Kofrut provides fast relief in dry and wet cough, cough due to smoking, irritants and infection, whopping cough and cough of unknown etiology
Patients who are allergic to any of the ingredients of the product.
Pregnancy and lactation
Because of its pure and natural origin, Kofrut Syrup is safe if used therapeutically in pregnant women and to nursing mothers. However, it should be used with caution and under medical supervision during pregnancy and lactation.
Warnings and Precautions
In severe uncontrolled diabetes, Kofrut syrup should be taken only after consulting physician, as these are prepared in a sugary base.
Being an herbal product, Kofrut Syrup is not reported to exert any adverse effects.
Dosage and administration
Adults: 1-2 teaspoonfuls thrice a day
Children: ½-1 teaspoonful thrice a day OR as advised by the Physician
Shake well before use.
In case of accidental overdosage, supportive treatment should be employed.
Bottle of 100ml
Store in a dry place, below 25°C
Protect from light.
Keep medicines out of reach of children
- IndianJPhysio! Pbannacol2000Jan;44(1):75-81
- IntJPharm 2000 Mar 20; 197(1-2):213-20
- Treatise oflntemal Medicine by Charak
- Jpn JMed Sci Biol 1990 Jun;43(3):95-100
- CancerRes l996Mar l;56(5):1023-30
- Farrnakol Toksikol 1988Jul-Aug;51(4):90-3
- IntJMo!Med2000Nov;6(5):521-6; Lipids 1998Dec;33(12):1223-8
- ActaPhysio! Scand.1973Aug;88(4):469-8
- Nadkarni et.al., IndianMateriaMedica
- JEthnophannacol l9960ct;54(1):19-26
- JEthnophannacol l987Nov;21(2):153-63
- JPharmPbannacol.1993 Jun;45(6):581-4
- JEthnophannacol2001 Feb;74(2):133-40