Each Lozenges Contains:
|Menthol (Phudina satva)||2mg|
|Extract derived from|
|Adulsa (Adhatoda vasica)||10mg|
|Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum)||25mg|
|Miri ( Piper nigrum)||10mg|
|Sunth (Zingiber offcinate)||20mg|
|Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra)||20mg|
|Amla (Embelica offcinalis)||10mg|
|Haldi (Curcuma longa)||25mg|
|Kattha (Acacia catechu)||20mg|
|Tulsi (Ocimum santum)||10mg|
|Saunf (Foeniculum vulgare)||20mg|
|Baheda (Terminalia Belerica)||10mg|
|Pipali (Piper longum)||20mg|
|Kakadshing (Pistacia integrrima)||10mg|
|Harad (Terminalia chebula)||5mg|
|Approved food color||Q.S.|
Flavoured Syrup Base
Sodium Methyl Paraben
Sodium Propyl Paraben
Colour : Quinoline yellow supra & Brilliant Blue FCF QS
Pharmacological properties of the herbs:
The rationale that goes into choosing each ingredient is as following:
- Menthol (Phudina satva): It is a powerful, expectorant and demulcent and an excellent mouth fresher.
- Adulsa (Adhatoda vasica): It is a potent bronchodilator antiallergic (antihistamine) and expectorant agent used
successfully in the treatment of common cold, whooping cough, chronic bronchitis and asthma.
- Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum): It is used to treat sore throat and tonsillits.
- Miri ( Piper nigrum): It has powerful anti-tussive and expectorant properties and also acts as anti-inflammatory
- Sunth (Zingiber offcinate): It is very useful in controlling and curing chronic and repetitive cough/cold bouts.
- Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra): It is used as an expectorant, for the treatment of asthma, acute and chronic
bronchitis, due to its anti-inflammatory and mild mineralocorticoid like action.
- Amla (Embelica offcinalis): It is a powerful medicine used in cough, bronchitis, hemoptysis, tuberculosis and
as rejenuvating agent. It also acts as an Immunostimulant anti-inflammatory and prevents recurrence of disease.
- Haldi (Curcuma longa): It is very strong immunomodulator, antiallergic and anti-inflammatory agent. It also acts
as a mucolytic and helps to remove excess cough.
- Kattha (Acacia catechu): It is herbal mouth fresher and good astringent. It has a proven antihistamine action,
by which it helps reduce symptoms of allergic rhinitis.
- Tulsi (Ocimum santum): It is regarded as the most important remedy for respiratory diseases and has strong antitussive and antibacterial activity. It acts as an expectorant.
- Saunf (Foeniculum vulgare): It is a respiratory stimulant, expectorant and also acts as an anti-tussive agent.
- Baheda (Terminalia Belerica): It has a powerful action in acute/chronic cough, bronchitis, sore throat and common
- Pipali (Piper longum): It is a time-tested medicine for cough and common cold and other respiratory tract infections due to its excellent expectorant properties.
- Kakadshing (Pistacia integrrima): It helps in clearance of mucus from airways, bronchi and trachea. Acts as
expectorant and manages the hiccoughs.
- Harad (Terminalia chebula): It is very effective in chronic cough. It is a proven antihistaminic agent, which relieves
allergic disorders of respiratory tract.
- Kofrut Lozenges being an herbal formula, no serious drug interactions are reported.
- Kofrut Lozenges are indicted for the relief of cough and sore throat.
- Kofrut Lozenges provides fast relief in dry and wet cough, cough due to smoking, irritants and infection, whopping cough and cough of unknown etiology.
- Kofrut Lozenges also acts as an excellent mouth fresher and is useful in relieving foul breath due to smoking or chewing tobacco.
- Stop using Kofrut Lozenges if Patients who are allergic to any of the ingredients of the product.
Pregnancy and lactation:
- Because of its pure and natural origin, Kofrut Lozenges are safe if used therapeutically in pregnant women and to nursing mother. However, it should be used with caution and under medical supervision during pregnancy and lactation.
Warnings and Precautions:
- In sever uncontrolled diabetes, Kofrut Lozenges should be taken only after consulting physician, as these are prepared in a sugary base.
- Being an herbal product, Kofrut Lozenges are not reported to exert any adverse effects.
- Adult: 2-3 lozenges three times a day (or) as directed by your physician.
- Children above 6 years: 1-2 lozenges three times a day (or) as directed by your physician
- In case of accidental overdosage, supportive treatment should be employed.
Directions for Use:
- Keep on the tongue and suck the lozenges. Let the lozenges dissolve slowly for you to enjoy the delicious flavors while the herbal extract act on your cough and sore throat.
- Blister of 8 Lozenges
Store in a dry place, below 25°C
Protect from light.
Keep medicines out of reach of children
2.IntJPharm 2000 Mar 20; 197(1-2):213-20
Treatise oflntemal Medicine by Charak
4. Jpn JMed Sci Biol 1990 Jun;43(3):95-100
5.CancerRes l996Mar l;56(5):1023-30
8.IntJMo!Med2000Nov;6(5):521-6; Lipids 1998Dec;33(12):1223-8
9. ActaPhysio! Scand.1973Aug;88(4):469-8
10. Nadkarni et.al., IndianMateriaMedica 11. PlantaMed1995Aug;61(4):307-12